A female aphrodisiac can help to increase your low libido.
Have you noticed that women entering pre menopause and menopause experience a decline in their sex drive? Not fun.
Causes of a low libido could include low levels of important sex hormones (like testosterone), being in an unsatisfying relationship, or lack of self-esteem.
The following list of female aphrodisiacs could help to solve part of the puzzle and get you on your way into bed!
You may also want to read about libido boosters.
- Dark Chocolate: Aren't we lucky? An excuse to eat (a little bit of) chocolate! Eating chocolate releases serotonin in our body, which helps us to relax and lower our inhibitions. Shoot for 70% or darker.
- Cayenne Peppers and Chillies: These help increase blood flow, and they're rich in vitamin C.
- Lychii: This oddly named fruit can boost your low libido. People have been using it for that purpose for years. You can eat it fresh, dried, or in tea. I've found it at Trader Joe's.
- Strawberries and Raspberries: Don't you just love berries? These have a reputation of being sensual fruits.
- Pineapple: This fruit also offers lots of vitamin C.
- Cruciferous Vegetables: Eat vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, kale, cabbage, maca, and bok choy.
- Lobster: Lobster contains many important ingredients for increasing the female libido: calcium, iron, amino acids, and vitamin B.
- Oysters: These are high in protein and zinc, which will help boost your sex drive.
- Arginine: This isn't a food, but it is an amino acid that is found in many foods. It is found in meat, nuts, eggs, cheese, and coconut milk.
- Wine and Champagne: Drinking a little can help to relax you and get you feeling in the mood. But, moderation is key.
- Ginger: This increases circulation.
- Thanda Passion Booster is an herbal supplement with a mixture of herbs specially made for women. It will get you in the mood and make your orgasms stronger as well.
Maca is an herbal supplement that increases your testosterone levels enough for you to boost your libido. It's safe for women, and it can also help some women relieve hot flashes!
- Rhodiola Rosea: This plant can help to improve your mood and your serotonin levels.
- Safed Musli: Along with acting as a female aphrodisiac, this herbal supplement can also help arthritis.
- Damiana: People in Mexico have used this herb for years to help boost sexual desire. It will help you achieve orgasms, and it will help you to have better orgasms.
- Fenugreek: This one goes way back. Romans, Greeks, and Egyptians often used this plant. Know that it has been known to increase bust size.
Return to Increase Female Libido page.
Go From the Female Aphrodisiac page to the Estrogen Source Homepage.
Copyright © 2009- 2015 Estrogen Source. All Rights Reserved.
The information on this site is my opinion only.
Consult your doctor before acting on any information found here.